Our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers at Edwards Phillip Amourgis, PC have experience in protecting people and companies from financial disaster by filing for Maryland bankruptcy protection. Some of the most common reasons that people find themselves in financial problems are due to:
- A temporary or permanent loss of income, such as a job loss or loss of hours at work;
- Unexpected medical expense;
- A recent divorce;
- The filing of a lawsuit against you;
- The start of a foreclosure proceeding against your home;
- Repossession of your car;
- High debts caused by the losses or closing of your own business;
- General mismanagement of your daily expenses;
- High debts loads.
If one or more of the following scenarios describes your financial situation, then we can help:
- Collection agencies are calling you.
- Your house is worth less than your mortgage or mortgages.
- A creditor is garnishing your wages or bank account.
- Sheriff sales.
- Your home is being foreclosed.
- The repayment of your debts is overwhelming you.
- Creditors are suing you in court.
- Your car, stereo or other property has been repossessed
- There is not enough disposable income at the end of each month to pay your expenses.
Our Maryland Bankruptcy Lawyers can help you through your financial problems with the help of bankruptcy protection or other non-bankruptcy services, such as settlements with creditors or loan modifications. Get the help you need so you can manage your financial problems and get out from under your financial worries.
Benefits of Bankruptcy Protection with our Maryland Bankruptcy Lawyers
Maryland bankruptcy protection allows you to repay or discharge (i.e. you do not have to repay) all or a portion of your debts. Our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers protect people and their assets through:
Depending on your circumstances and whether you file for Chapter 7, Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, some remedies that our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers can provide to our clients are:
- remove a second and/or third loan from a home altogether such that you only have to continue paying on your first mortgage;
- reduce your monthly mortgage payments;
- reduce car payments or extend the length of your car loan;
- reduce the overall loan amount and/or reduce the interest rate on your car loan;
- regain the possession of a vehicle that has already been repossessed by your lender (prior to its auction sale) so that you can drive it again;
- discharge all of your debts so that you will not need to repay any of your current debts anymore;
- provide you with more time to slowly repay your past due amounts on your home loan, over as much as 5 years while you still own and live in your home; and/or
- discharge old income tax debts that you just cannot repay.
Although no two situations are alike, contact our office to speak with one of our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers to see what Maryland bankruptcy protection can do for you. The Maryland bankruptcy lawyers at Edwards Phillip Amourgis, PC provide Chapter 7, Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy solutions for our clients. With meeting offices in McLean, Rockville, Columbia, Frederick, Baltimore and Washington, DC, there is sure to be a location close to you. To discuss your situation, call 301-768-4606, toll free at 877-631-4002 or contact us online for a free, no-obligation initial consultation with one of our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers.
Free Initial Consultation with our Maryland Bankruptcy Lawyers
There are different benefits depending on whether you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection or Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers offer the skill and knowledge you need to assist you in determining whether you can benefit from filing for bankruptcy protection and they can help you navigate the complexities of the federal bankruptcy laws and the bankruptcy process itself. With offices in Rockville, Columbia, Frederick, Baltimore and Washington, DC, our Maryland bankruptcy lawyers assist clients all over the Baltimore and Washington, DC metro area. Contact us for a free, no-obligation appointment to see if bankruptcy is right for you. We are a debt relief agency. Ask about our payment plans if you cannot pay the upfront fees and costs in filing for bankruptcy protection in one lump payment.